Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Stress

So, if you haven't gathered from previous entries, i've been feeling a little stressed out lately. Mostly from school. Actually, ALL from school. But not the point. ANYWAYS when i get stressed out i start to do weird things. This usually occurs around finals, although this semester it's pretty much been whenever i want. So, without further ado, i present:
WEIRD THINGS JANE DOES WHEN SHE GETS STRESSED OUT! (i would like to note that all of these things have actually happened)


1) GET THE SUDDEN URGE TO STICK SOMETHING UP MY NOSE!! And i mean, sudden. urge. I even IMed cory to tell her about it. I really wanted to stick a lego up there, but she suggested something that wouldn't result in having to say "it seemed like a good idea at the time" to the people in the ER, such as a pen.

In case you were wondering, NO i DID NOT stick anything up there. The urge surpassed and i escaped emergency room and booger free.



2) STAND ON MY HEAD. I do this weird thing where i sort of kneel on my bed, with my head resting on the bed, and like rock back and forth. It's hard to explain, but the best example i can give you is that it's like a cross between intense praying and a head stand.
Like this, only without the nasal spray, and more weight on the head. And rocking back and forth. It's actually quite soothing i suggest you try it sometime...



3) LAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLOOR WITH A PILLOW OVER MY HEAD. in X formation, BLARING the pixies (preferably the song "where is my mind"). Apparently, this is quite startling to walk in on....



4) DISCUSS OBSESSIVELY HOW I WANT TO SHAVE MY HEAD. I'm completely serious, when it gets BAD, i really feel like just shaving all my hair off. i can totally relate to Brittney Spears and her meltdown...


5). SING RICK ASTLEY OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN

Once you pop, the fun don't stop.


6). DANCE TO TWIST AND SHOUT ON MY BED. I also sing PYT, and Gz and the Hustlas over and over again. Kimya Dawson sometimes makes an appearence.

Gz and Hustlas is also my homework hype up song. Try it. Hellooooo motivation!


7) TAKE OBSESSIVE AMOUNTS OF STRANGE PICTURES WITH PHOTOBOOTH. And then put them on facebook. I don't think this needs an example, you've all seen them.


8) MAKE SIGNS. And post them places. Or make people wear them.

Poor cory. I made her particpate/put up with all of this madness. She clearly hates her life (or at least me) in this picture. The other side of this sign says "P.Y.T" AND YES IN CASE YOUR WONDERING IT DOES IN FACT SAY "AQUALUNG"


9) DRESS UP IN WEIRD OUTFITS. Usually involving rain boots (or obscure shoes of some kind), sweat pants or shorts, a random article of clothing, and a NON clothing item. Hats and sunglasses are preferred for this as well.



10) MAKE THINGS OUT OF BOXES. Like a raptor outfit.
That is a raptor head on my head. Made out of free boxes from the bookstore. Be jealous



11) PAINT MY ENTIRE FACE. In public. For absolutely no reason...




Seriously, i don't know how anyone puts up with me. Or why i have friends. Because to be honest this is a rather short list. I guess it's a better way to deal with stress than other alternatives?? Props go out to cory because she lived in a tiny ass room with me for an ENTIRE. YEAR. I'm sure her take on this is totally different from mine haha.
Anyways. Hope that was interesting, if not entertaining. I'm seriously getting carpal tunnel.
But seriously.

No comments: