Thursday, November 20, 2008

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

It's been like a week since my last entry but tough bananas because i've been a busy little beehive. The semester is coming to a rapid end (yikes!) and school has not been kind to me. Multiple exams and papers later, i'm trying to stay on the grind but my motivation seems to be trying to take a vacation. My draft of my 15 page paper is due friday (that's tomorrow ya'll!) and i currently have a page written. Whompity whomp whomp whomp. On monday however, after my exam i had a good talk with mom about things, and i really just have to push through to the end. Thanksgiving is a week away and i know people who are going home already! But i have too much to do before then, and even then this "break" isn't going to be one because i have almost all my finals the week we get back.
By the way, the whole point of having an "exam period" is to TAKE EXAMS!! While having one class with an exam earlier than finals is nice, having 4 is not. Because you don't get that extra time that comes with not having to go to class. i mean all i'm sayin is that it's really not fair to us students.
Anyway. Last night i went to bed at like 9 because i was falling asleep and had an 8am and maybe attempted to get my sleep cycle back to normal. I did absolutely nothing yesterday, and it was a total waste. Because, as i've stated, i have a lot of shit to do. I really need to just buckle down and do it. Bla bla bla whatever let's talk about something positive.

Cool things that are going on in my life:

- i've officially become a psychology major. And have chosen it with total confidence that it's the right thing for me.
- i got all the classes i wanted (except for modern dance) for next semester. My schedule isn't looking too bad either.
- On saturday i went with people from church to Summerhill elementary school to paint their courtyard. It was really fun because we got to paint whatever we wanted. What SUCKED was that it was the day of the stupid Richmond Marathon and it took us a good hour and some change to get there, and then back home again. What a dumb idea.
- I've also started helping out with caritas at church, where we do intake for the program. Basically homeless guys who have signed up for the program come in and hang out for a hour or so until the buses come and take them to their various churches for the night. So i hang out with homeless guys and play cards. They taught me how to play spades. It's really fun. If you want to get involved let me know, campus ministry has thursdays.
- Got a brace for my Carpal Tunnel. Computer work is more bearable now
- I'm going to be 20 in 3 weeks. Holy crap.
- i got a B on my ethics exam! The one i had to make up!
- Thanks to my amazing roommate, i got a ticket to see Bill Cosby. It's totally random that he's coming here, especially for free, but i'm excited because i love him and i have a horrible feeling he's going to die soon. Hilarity will ensue.

Thanks to the stupid animal planet, i've decided that i NEED to acquire a German Shepherd puppy. They are smart, loyal, easy to train, adapt well to urban environments, good guard dogs, not to mention ADORABLE.

LOOK AT THAT LITTLE FACE!!! Purebreds are super super expensive, but there are tons that need to be adopted and rescued, which is what i would do. I believe in adopting and rescuing dogs unless you are planning on using them for show and absolutely NEED purebred. Why pay all that money when there is a dog equally as good that needs to be rescued? I'm currently campaigning people (parents, boyfriend, GP's) to get me one for christmas. But if i don't get one, i'll probably just find one down here and adopt it. CURSE YOU ANIMAL PLANET!! i wasn't even intentionally watching it! Whenever i watch animal planet i get all animal activisty and it's never a good scene.

Also, i've recently discovered that i really really like Regina Spector. So if you have some of her music and are tryin to share, i wouldn't be mad.

More laterrrrrrrrrrrr

2 comments:

Cory said...

you can't blame animal planet for you wanting a cute little adorable german shepherd puppy. you've said it yourself you have tried to get another dog many times before and it just hasn't worked out....i have a good feeling about it this time :D

Kate said...

i've got a bunch of regina, i'll AIM it to you sometime.
ALSO HOLY SHIT BILL COSBY SO JEALOUS.