Saturday, November 29, 2008

Shaken

So tonight (around 2am) i'm on my way home from my boyfriends house, and i'm almost home when i see this wrecked car in the barrier (it was the intersection of tripleridge and silverbrook) and i was like "hm that's kinda weird they wouldn't clean it up" and as i'm driving by i realize that there's something person-like sticking out of the windshield. I look around and cars are just driving by so i turn around in the CVS parking lot and pull up next to the car and sure enough, there's a guy halfway out of the broken windshield. So i call 911 and as i'm talking to the lady i see him moving (i guess he saw my blinkers or something) so i get out of the car and he's trying to get up and just going "help me help me" and the woman on the phone goes "okay EMS is on the way thank you" and hangs up. So i'm like do i stay till they get here or what? And its dark, and cold and cars are just driving by and the guy just keeps trying to move and saying "help me help me" and finally i'm like "i called 911 EMS is coming. Stop trying to move they're gonna get you out" but he's like, not listening to me. And finally, what seems like 5 years later although it was probably not even 3 minutes i see the flashing lights and the fire engine gets there and they just say thank you and tell me to leave.

And the fucking sick thing is, that i saw probably 3 cars drive right by, and then at least 2 more when i was in the car talking to 911 before this woman stopped to ask if i was okay and stuff, before she left when i said i was fine and that i was talking to the emergency people. Who KNOWS how long that guy had been there in the dark and the cold, probably slowly dying. People don't notice or care about fucking anything.

I know i did the right thing and that it's something to be proud of. But i really don't know how i'm going to sleep. It's kind of like last year at school when i saw that kid get hit by a car, and everytime i closed my eyes i heard/saw it. And both my parents are asleep and i can't talk to them about it until tomorrow. And now i have a headache.

Some break....

No comments: