Thursday, November 27, 2008

Cliche Thanksgiving Post

'Tis the season. Things i'm thankful for:

- My friends. Without them i would be nothing. They keep me sane, make me laugh, and help me out. I absolutely love every single one of you guys with all my heart.

- My Family. They're fucking crazy (but who's isn't?) and drive me up the wall sometimes. But it's always good to be home and the debt can never be repaid.

- A home cooked meal. College has it's perks, missing out on mom's cooking isn't one of them. i cannot WAIT to absolutely gorge myself.

- My education. I love school, and am so lucky to have the opportunity to further my education and study something i love. And get the "college experience" as well.

- This country. For coming together and electing the right leader despite everything.

- Chapstick (i feel like this is self explanatory)

- Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and Legally Blonde. My remedy for all things sad.

- My Boo (duh). Because he puts up with me and still loves me even though sometimes i make it REALLY hard. Because he would've gotten me a puppy had it not been for some "discussion" with my father, and helps me make 15 turkey hats because my mom INSISTS that we have them, and plays video games with my brothers even though i know he'd rather be doing other things.

- The internet. But seriously i don't think i could live without it and its sad.

- Veggie Trays. With ranch. i could live off of them

- Coffee (i'm in college, remember?)

- My tomato plant. For proving that i can do it, and that it tastes SO much better when you've grown it yourself

- Spell Check. I'd sound like a complete idiot with out it.

- Calculators. Because i don't have enough fingers.

- My Sanity. It's still hangin in there, haven't totally lost it yet.

- Experience. I've been through some rough times and some really really good times in my life. And i think that my life experience has shaped me into the person i am today and i am incredibly thankful for that. Life has taught me some lessons (although i know it's not done yet) and i'm not even 20 years old! (getting close though) i am glad that i have had the experiences that i've had, and wouldn't change anything given the chance.

No comments: