Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sadistic Saturday

I had another mental breakdown today because i couldn't find my thumb drive containing all my bibliographies that i've been bitching about. The idea that i was going to have to redo all 8 in addition to study for my 2 exams was just too much. Luckily, after composing myself and talking to my mom i went to the library and found it! at the computer i was sitting at yesterday!! I must've forgotten to take it out when i left yesterday. Anyway i have renewed faith in the VCU population because all my stuff was there, and there wasn't anything else on it. Crisis averted. Realizing you've lost a weeks worth of work that is due monday is possibly the worst feeling ever.
Cept now i just feel like an idiot.

Last night i went to first friday with some peoples. It was really cool; got to see some great local art, hear music, watch some guy juggle fire, and check out some stores that i otherwise would never get to go in. Some of the artists were VCU students, some not. Some were for sale (REALLY EXPENSIVE) some was wearable; i think my favorite was this gallery with these light fixtures that had pictures behind them, and you'd look into the glass and it kind of had a fisheye effect.
I love the cultural aspect of richmond. There's never anything like first friday art walk in NOVA. Nobody there cares about art or supporting local business or anything. There was such a mixture of people there; VCU students, posh adults from the Fan, middleschool kids hangin out on a friday night, families. Def making it a regular thing.

i also got to see several old friends yesterday!! Had xtreme pizza with a friend from William and Mary that i've known since 1st grade, and hung out with my spanish 4 partner. Later went to a party but i felt like crap and didn't have a very good time. A Shafer chef was there. I don't know how i feel about that...

Overall yesterday was pretty decent. It's today that's been sucking. I need to get a light for my bike.

No comments: