Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Brothers on a Hotel Bed

This weekend was super mellow. I was sick and feeling like crap thursday and friday. Saturday i went to STRUT (it was a great show!) and then just hung out because nothing really was going on. Went to the village with allena and cory and melissa and had a baller black and white milkshake. It was victory in a cup.

Saturday was also the huge Ukrops 10k, but surprisingly it didn't wake me up. The cable company did at 1030 AM but thats not important. What IS important is that on the side of Broad street there was this HUGE stack of boxes filled paper cups that were used for water etc for all the runners. They were just sitting there! So we each took a box. And now we have like 500 something paper cups to do what we please. We covered k'shonda's door with them, and built a large tower. But we still have quite a bunch that remain unopened in addition to the ones we saved. I don't know what we will eventually do with all of them (lemonade stand?) but it will be brilliant.

Sunday i went to church which was good. Possibly working there next year but i will update on that later. They had this priest from california that talked about the environment and he was really interesting. Did you know the number one thing you can do to help the environment is stop eating beef? Seriously! And i'm not talking just about greenhouse gases, but the amount of water it takes to create 1lb of ground beef is over 500 gallons. OVER 500 GALLONS OF WATER PER POUND.
Then julian and john came over and we TRIED to watch heavyweights but that didn't work, so we watched police academy instead and talked about poop and lurked google maps. Google maps fucking creeps me out. Like i can see my car in my driveway and i don't like that one little bit because it just reaffirms that big brother is always watching.

Today went to class, actually sort of understood what statistics was talking about and got pissed off at all the rude people in our gigantic chemistry class. Came home, made important phone calls/emails and did a lot of reading for Abnormal. Went to yoga which was AWESOME it was my favorite class yet. All that tension just went away. Then watched tnt crime dramas and ate subway.


I feel like a lot of things are happening really fast. The job search, for instance. I'm trying to keep my options open and apply for a bunch of similar options (summer camps etc). And my dad keeps asking me what my plans are and i keep saying "i don't know" because i DON'T know. Whether i spend majority of my summer in richmond or in nova all depends on where/if i can get a job that i like.
I got put on the list to be interviewed for this "psyc 493 internship" thing over the summer where you take a week of class then work at this camp for kids with incarcerated mothers and recieve 3 credits for it. So if i get/decide to do that then i'll probably just work in nova for june/half of july and then come back down here to do that.
I also impusively filled out this online application/profile for college nannies and tutors.com and surprisingly THEY called me while i was in class and left me a voicemail saying they want to discuss what types of jobs i'm interested in. Then i was like "holy shit what if i'm a fucking nanny all summer?" but when i called back she didn't pick up so i left a message. That would be in richmond. And i don't know what the hell my parents would say if i told them i wasn't really coming home that much because i was being a nanny. And whether i do that job depends on if they place me somewhere/how much i get paid etc.
I also need to get my resume together to apply for daycamp mclean in nova. But they don't have an application just an email address that says "send resumes to" and to be honest, i do not have a resume. I've never put one together. So maybe i'll get my dad to help me with that this weekend. That pays 12 bucks an hour, and i would be home which would be considerably cheaper.
I don't know.

IT REALLY ALL JUST DEPENDS ON A LOT OF THINGS!!! And shit is suddenly happening fast and i'm feeling pressured to have my summer figured out and the truth is i probably won't ACTUALLY have a plan till school is like, over.

Going home/to baltimore this weekend with the fam will probably be good/helpful because then i can get their perspectives and advice. But the clock is tickingg.


And these are the kinds of things i think about when i'm trying to fall asleep. Its no wonder i never go to bed before 3am anymore....

No comments: